June 13, 2016 12:00 AM | by Nora El-Sadat
Ramadan Recipes: Seafood Soup by Nora El-Sadat
Do you know that it's highly recommended to eat seafood at least twice a
week? For your Ramadan Iftar menu, don't give up on seafood, and try
this delicious seafood soup recipe. It includes a mix of fish, fresh shrimps, calamari, muscles and much more! Now scroll down and know how to make a delicious seafood soup at home...
Ingredients to make seafood soup:
Handful of shrimps with skin (peel skin, and keep aside)
Handful of muscles (grill until it opens, with garlic, salt and oil)
Handful of calamari
2 pieces fillet fish (cut into cubes, and marinated with cumin, salt and garlic)
1 Tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic (minced)
Salt and pepper
2 Cups cooking cream
2 Tbsp flour, with half cup of water (strained)
Steps to make seafood soup:
1. In a cooking pan, put butter, garlic and fresh coriander, mix well and leave until it turns golden. Add shrimps skin and stir well until they turn pinkish orange.
2. Add 5 cups of water and stir well. Add the spices and leave to boil.
3. In another pan, add a little bit of butter and garlic, then put in the shrimps and calamari. Wait until cooked (orange color), then add the fish and mix them together.
4. Remove the shrimps skin, and drop the seafood mix and the grilled muscles to the soup and leave to boil.
5. Add the cooking cream and whisk well, then to thicken the soup, add the strained flour. Taste and add salt as desired.
6. Serve, and garnish with fresh coriander.
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.