Assemble the cake pops: Prepare the icing: Steps: Ramadan Iftar Menu: Day 23
Tomato Soup + Roasted Chicken with Rosemary + Cake Pops
You can find the recipe for tomato soup right here.
Main Dish:What you'll need:
Roasted Chicken with Rosemary
1 kilo boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 onion (sliced)
6 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 cup oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
1. In a bowl, mix the onion slices, minced garlic cloves, lemon juice, rosemary leaves and a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Add the chicken breasts to the bowl, and make sure to rub it well and soak it in the marinade.
3. Cover the bowl and leave the chicken to marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge.
4. Preheat the oven to 250 ºC
, and then add the marinated chicken to a Pyrex pan and drizzle it with the oil.
5. Cover the pan with foil and leave it in the oven for an hour and a half.
6. Just before taking the pan out of the oven, uncover the foil for 10 minutes.
7. You can serve the roasted chicken with rosemary with white rice or pasta with white sauce.
Cake PopsWhat you'll need:
2 cups flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
Chocolate frosting (click here for the recipe)
1 bar white chocolate
Cake pop sticks
Prepare the sponge cake:
1. In a large bowl, mix the sugar and butter and beat with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes.
2. Crack the eggs, add them to the bowl, along with the vanilla and beat again with the electric mixer.
3. Now add the milk and keep beating, then add the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder, and beat the mixture slowly until it becomes smooth.
4. Butter a baking pan using a pastry brush, and then pour in the batter.
5. Bake the cake at 250 ºC for 30 minutes. To make sure that it's baked, insert a knife and it should be clean when you get it out.
6. Leave the cake to cool for 20 minutes before you remove it out of the baking pan.
Prepare the cake pops:
1. When the cake has completely cooled down, cut it into pieces.
2. Bring a large bowl, and rub the cake pieces using your hands to crumble the cake into fine crumbs.
3. Add two tablespoons of chocolate frosting to the cake crumbs, and make sure to distribute it evenly.
4. Continue mixing with your fingers, until the mixture binds together.
Use a mini ice-cream scoop, and scoop out a well rounded ball. Roll the
chocolate cake ball between cupped hands until it has a uniform shape.
6. Prepare a pan with parchment paper and place the chocolate cake balls on it.
7. When all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls, cover the pan with foil and put it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
1. Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and add a teaspoon of vegetable oil.
2. Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds, and then carefully take out the bowl and stir the mixture using a spoon.
1. Dip the sticks in the white chocolate icing, and then insert it in the middle of the chocolate cake balls.
2. Now dip the chocolate cake balls in the white chocolate icing and make sure it's fully submerged.
3. Roll the stick over the bowl, so any extra chocolate drips off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
4. Add the sprinkles on top before the white chocolate icing dries.
5. Put the cake pops upside down back on the parchment paper, and let it harden.
How to Stay Productive at Work During Ramadan
Hijab Styles Inspired by Hijab Fashion Bloggers