July 14, 2014 12:00 AM | by The Fustany Team
Ramadan Iftar Menu: Day 16
Ramadan Ifar Menu: Day 16
Chicken Noodle Soup + Zucchini Béchamel + Apple Cinnamon Pie
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
You can find the recipe for the chicken noodle soup right here.
Zuchinni Béchamel Recipe
What you will need:
6 cubes of butter
1/2 cup of heavy cream
2 Tbsp of flour
1/2 kilo of minced meat
1 tomato (chopped)
2 Tbsp of cooking oil
1 large onion (chopped)
Salt and pepper
2 1/2 cups of milk
Shredded assortment of cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, etc.)
Start by doing the béchamel
1. Melt the the butter with the flour thoroughly until it gives off a yellow color then remove from the stove.
2. Start pouring the heavy cream on to the flour while stirring, using a whisk to avoid any clumps. Keep mixing for 5-7 minutes.
3. Put the sauce pan back on the stove and star adding the milk, while stirring, until you feel the béchamel has become heavy and creamy.
4. Add a tea spoon of salt and a pinch of pepper and stir once more.
5. Keep stirring and add 3 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
6. Continue to stir and you can add extra milk if you feel the béchamel has gotten too heavy. Once bubbles begin to appear in bowl, your béchamel is done.
The Zucchini and Meat
7. Scrape the surface of the zucchini like you would do when peeling a carrot.
8. Wash the zucchini then put into some water and salt for about 15-20 minutes.
9. Cut the zucchini into round slices.
10. Get a cooking bowl, add the oil and onions then stir for a few minutes until the color turns yellowish.
11. Add the tomatoes, minced beef, salt and pepper and leave them on the stove while stirring regularly until cooked.
12. Get a large Pyrex oven tray and butter up the surface and the sides to avoid any sticking.
13. Arrange the slices of zucchini one after the other.
14. Add a layer of minced meat on top of the layer of the zucchini.
15. Add the béchamel you just made on top of the minced meat.
16. Add the shredded cheese on the layer of the béchamel. You can shred some tomatoes and add them among the cheese.
17. Put the tray in the oven for about 20 minutes, the top layer of cheese and tomatoes should look a golden brown color.
Apple Cinnamon Pie Recipe
What you will need:
3/4 cup of sugar
1 packet of puff pastry
1 tsp of cinnamon
1. Choose the pan you will be baking your pie in and butter it up.
2. Spread the pastry on a flat surface and place the pan on top of it. Cut the residual pastry from around the pan, and place the pastry in the pan.
3. Mix the sugar and the cinnamon together and cut the apples into very thin slices.
4. Butter up the surface of the pastry along with the sides then add a layer of apples, then a layer of cinnamon and sugar, one layer after the other until done.
5. Flatten the rest of the puff pastry and cover the apples with it.
6. Place it in the oven to bake for about 40 minutes.