November 26, 2018 06:09 PM | by Salma Khattab
Actual 'Piece-of-Cake' Recipes for Cooking Amateurs and Newlyweds
If you're a newly-married lady/man who adores their new kitchen and loves to surprise their partner with a recipe from time to time, then this article is for you! Today, I've brought you 3 of the best, most affordable and tastiest cake recipes which will sweeten up your marriage in its first year! Try them out and thank me later!
1. Caramel Cake:
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 5 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Caramel Icing Ingredients:
- 1 (16 ounce) package brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
2. Mix white sugar, 1 1/2 cups butter, and eggs together in a bowl and beat well.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt. Add to the sugar mixture along with milk, then add vanilla extract. Mix all until the butter makes ribbons when falling from the whisk or beater.
4. Polish your cake pan(s) with butter.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Baking usually takes about 30 minutes. Let it cool at least an hour before your place the icing.
6. Prepare the icing by combining the brown sugar, the cup of butter, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir well until the brown sugar is dissolved. Leave on the stove for no more than 3 minutes, then add boiled milk and continue stirring. When you start seeing bubbles, keep stirring the mixture for another 4 minutes to avoid sticking to the pan. Allow the icing to cool for about 5 minutes.
7. Mix the sifted sugar and vanilla extract into the butter-milk mixture using an electric mixer until the icing caramelizes and thickens to the desired consistency.
8. Spread the icing onto the cake and enjoy!
2. Chocolate Cake
Only 5 eggs and a cup of chocolate bars/chips!
1. Put the chocolate in a bowl and put it in the microwave for two minutes.
2. After melting, stir the chocolate to become of a smoother consistency.
3. Separate the egg yolk and egg white from the 5 eggs.
4. Mix egg whites well until they become homogeneous and white.
5. Place the egg yolks in the chocolate container one by one while mixing well.
6. Add the egg whites to the mixture.
7. Place a butter sheet on your pan/tray and pour the mixture.
8. Leave in the oven for 30 minutes at 170 ° C.
Enjoy your two-ingredient chocolate cake!
3. Banana Pie
- 1 peeled banana
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid vanilla extract
- 1 egg
1. Add the banana, egg and vanilla in a bowel and mix well.
2. Put butter or a teaspoon of vegetable oil in the pan, and let it heat.
3. Put the mixture in the over and leave it until it turns golden.
Enjoy your dessert!
Recipes credits: allrecipes.com
Main image credits: lepassevite.com
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.