July 30, 2013 12:00 AM | by Nancy Hennes
Pasta White Sauce Recipe
Who doesn't love pasta? I think it's one of the most diverse foods ever, as it can be made in several ways, and each recipe will produce a new delicious taste. We already found out how to make tomato sauce for your pasta, now let's check out the tasty pasta white sauce with chicken and mushroom.
What you will need:
400 gm Pasta (preferably penne)
3/4 Kg Chicken Breast (chopped in medium sized cubes)
1/4 Kg Fresh Mushrooms (could be replaced by 1 can of mushrooms)
1 Can Sweet Corn
3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Chicken Stock Cubes
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1. You will first need to cook the pasta. Add the pasta to a pot of boiling water, add a few pinches of salt, a drop of oil and leave for eight minutes.
2. Drain the pasta and put aside to cool down.
3. In a large pan, put the olive oil on a medium fire, then add the onion after chopping it to small pieces.
4. Stir for approximately four minutes then add the chicken cubes. You will notice after a while that all the juices from the chicken and onion is evaporating. When the juices have completely evaporated, it will be time to add the black pepper.
5. Put 1/4 a cup of water and the stock cubes. Stir well, then leave to cook for 10 minutes.
6. After the chicken is properly cooked, add the mushrooms and stir.
7. Now it is time to put the flour, then stir.
8. Add the cup of milk and stir. At this point you should taste the mix and add salt if needed.
9. Now you can add the sweet corn, then stir for a minute and turn off the heat.
10. Finally, the mixture is ready to add the pasta and enjoy. Bon Appetit!