December 29, 2013 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Lebanese Thomeya Dip Recipe
Here's the recipe to your favourite Lebanese dipping sauce... Thomeya manages to add a great taste to several Middle Eastern dishes. From shawerma to fatteh, the thomeya dip is just a delightful creamy sauce that will compliment your dining experience.
What you will need:
Medium sized boiled potato
2 Garlic cloves
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Cup whole milk yoghurt
1/4 Cup vegtable oil
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon water
1. In a blender, mix oil, garlic, potato, and garlic. Leave them to blend well for three minutes.
2. Add salt and yoghurt to the blender and mix again.
3. Switch to a slower blending speed, then pour in the lemon juice.
4. For a lighter mixture, add one tablespoon of water.
5. Taste it and add salt or a pinch of lemon if needed.