January 13, 2015 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
Do you ever get that feeling, where you are craving chocolate and peanut butter, so you head down to the nearest supermarket and load up on Reese’s. Well, after reading how to make your own homemade peanut butter cups, you will never go to the supermarket again. The process is super easy, and you probably have most of the ingredients already in your kitchen. Here is the recipe for homemade peanut butter cups...
What You Will Need:
- Mini muffin tray
- Mini muffin paper liners
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 bags of chocolate chips
1. In a sauce pan, add the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar on medium heat. Stir until the peanut butter has completely melted, and mixture has started to bubble.
2. Remove the sauce pan from heat, add the powdered sugar to the mixture, and then stir until it all blends together. Once you are done stirring, set aside to cool down.
3. Place the chocolate chips in another sauce pan to melt them. You can even place the chocolate chips in a glass bowl and heat it up in the microwave.
4. Line the mini muffin tray with the paper liners.
5. Using a tea spoon, scoop up some melted chocolate and place it as the first layer in the mini muffin tray. Use the spoon to make sure the melted chocolate forms a flat layer. Repeat this process until all mini muffin spots have a flat layer with chocolate, but be sure to leave some melted chocolate in the sauce pan, you will use it later.
6. Place the mini muffin tray in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Now it is time for the peanut butter. Empty the sauce pan that contained the peanut butter onto a flat surface. The mixture should be creamy, but held together like dough.
8. Divide the peanut butter into balls, according to the number of spots in the muffin tray.
9. Roll up the small peanut butter balls, then flatten it using your fist, on to a flat surface. Do this will all the peanut butter balls.
10. Remove the muffin tray from the freezer, and place the flat peanut butter pieces as the second layer, on top of the chocolate.
11. Using the tea spoon again, scoop up from the remaining melted chocolate to form the third chocolate layer, on top of the peanut butter. Again, make sure to flatten the surface of the chocolate.
12. Place the mini muffin tray in the freezer for another 15 minutes.
Voila, you just made your very own homemade peanut butter cups.
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.
Have You Read These?