July 14, 2013 12:00 AM | by Zeina Tawfik
Fattoush Salad Recipe
You know how everybody's family is famous for a signature recipe?
Well, mine is known to make very delicious Fattoush salad (among many
other dishes), which happens to be a great vegetarian starter dish. When your Fattoush salad is ready, you'll notice that it looks so great with all the colorful vegetables
mixed in the bowl. Here is the recipe and trust me it won't take you
more than 15 minutes to get that Fattoush salad bowl ready.
What you will need:
1 Romaine Lettuce Head
1 Parsley Head
2 Green Onions
1 Lebanese Pita Bread
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Table Spoons Sumac
1 Table Spoon Pomegranate Molasses
1 Table Spoon Dried Mint
1 Teaspoon Salt
Steps for the salad:
1. Start by rinsing off all the vegetables, then dice the tomatoes and the cucumbers.
2. Shred the lettuce and parsley and chop the green onions and add all the vegetables mix into a big bowl.
3. Heat oil in a medium saucepan, cut the Lebanese pita bread into bite size squares and fry for a few moments until it's golden and crisp. Put bread aside to add it to the vegetables mix at the end.
Steps for the dressing:
1. Mix the freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, pomegranate molasses, salt, sumac and dried mint into a small bowl.
2. Add the dressing to the big bowl with the vegetables and mix well, then finally add the fried bread squares and toss gently so they remain crispy and don't absorb the dressing liquid.
3. Serve immediately and enjoy the sour tasting Fattoush salad.