October 01, 2019 04:31 PM | by Farida Abdel Malek
Here's a Coffee Cake Recipe for All the Coffee Lovers!
Let's just start by saying this is not for those who can't handle coffee. This coffee cake recipe is intense and will get you up and rushing with energy. As a token of appriciation for coffee, we thought we'd bring you coffee, but in another form...a cake with coffee. Make sure to try this coffee cake recipe to enjoy the beauty of coffee mixed with dessert.
Recipe Credits: The Pioneer Woman
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 and 1/2 sticks of butter
- 5 Tbsp of instant coffee crystals
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar and salt.
3. Over low-medium heat, melt 2 of the sticks of butter.
4. As it melts, add 3 Tbsp of the coffee to 1 cup of boiled water.
5. Now add the coffee to the butter, once it melts until it boils for around 10 seconds. Then turn off the heat.
6. Now mix the wet ingredients together separately: eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and baking soda.
7. Now add the butter and coffee mixture to the dry ingredients mixture and mix them gently, just so it can cool down before adding the wet mixture.
8. Now add the wet ingredients mixture and combine.
9. Grease and add flour or parchment paper to 2 round baking trays.
10. Pour the mixture in and bake for around 20 minutes.
11. To make the icing mix together really well 1 and 1/2 sticks of the butter, powdered sugar, 2 Tbsp of coffee, 1/4 tsp of the salt and the heavy cream.
12. When you get the cake out, wait till they cool down completely.
13. Now apply a layer of the icing on one of the cakes.
14. Add the second layer on top of it and cover it with icing as well.
15. Now spread the icing all over the sides of the cake as well.
Main Image Credits: Olive
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.