November 07, 2020 02:00 PM | by The Fustany Team
10 Cozy Winter Soups Recipes That Will Make Feel Warm & Cozy
Everyone's starting to cuddle up under a blanket craving cozy winter recipes. Winter soups are a perfect way to start a meal and sometimes even a warming midnight snack. I don't like vegetable soup, I actually hate it, but my mom once tricked me into having one and wouldn't tell me what the ingredients were until I tried it first. I tried it, loved it and couldn't believe it was a vegetable soup. I must say this yummy winter vegetable soup recipe could convert anyone, even me who can't stand cabbage.
For those of you who don't like vegetable soup, but are still eager to load up on soap, then check out these 10 winter soup recipes and pick your favorite. I also added a broccoli soup recipe that my team mate wrote about a few days ago by Sally Fouad. It perfectly fits the cozy winter theme and is a great way to add broccoli into your diet.
1. My Mom's Winter Creamy Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 3 carrots (shredded)
- 3 zucchini (shredded)
- 1/4 a small cabbage (shredded)
- 1 big onion (chopped finely)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup milk
1. In a heated pot, stir the onion in the olive oil for around 1 minute, until it's a very pale yellow color.
2. Add the garlic to the pot and stir for 30 seconds.
3. Add the carrots, zucchini, and cabbage.
4. Also add the thyme, salt and pepper according to your preferred taste and stir for a minute.
5. Add the flour and stirring it really well with the veggies
6. Pour in the water and milk. They should cover all the vegetables.
7. When the soup starts to boil, put it on low heat and leave it to simmer for half an hour.
8. Let it cool down and then blend it in a blender to get a homogeneous creamy mixture.
9. Pour the soup through a sieve and then serve.
2. Sally Fouad's Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 500 g fresh broccoli
- 1 onion (minced)
- 3 Tbsp corn oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp ginger (minced)
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of cooking cream
1. In a small pan add a small amount of oil and leave it to heat up. Then add the onion, garlic, ginger. Stir for a bit until the color is golden.
2. Add the broccoli to the mixture and stir well until it starts to wither.
3. Add the flour and stir well, making sure it covers all the broccoli.
4. Now add the chicken broth, pepper, basil, salt and stir them.
5. Cover it and leave it on low heat for 10-15 minutes until the broccoli is cooked.
6. Take it off the heat and place it in a blender.
7. When it's homogeneous, pour it again in a pot on medium heat.
8. Gradually add the cream stirring continuously.
9. Now pour in a bowl to serve and you can garnish with small pieces of broccoli.
3. Chicken Cream Soup Recipe
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- 2 fillet chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp of chopped ginger
- 1 garlic clove (mashed)
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of cream
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 Tbsp of chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
4. Chicken and Sweet Corn Recipe
Trust me on this, this soup is coziest soup you can have on a cold day.
- Salt, pepper, ginger, and garlic powder for seasoning.
1. In a large pot boil a chicken or if you have left over chicken broth you can use that, and slice up the chicken into shreds.
2. Add the seasoning spices to the chicken broth and carrots, corn and stir for a few minutes, then leave the mixture to simmer.
3. In another bowl mix cornstarch with a cup of chicken broth, it will form a thick mixture, add it to the pot where your soup is simmering.
4. Crack and egg and whisk it in a separate bowl. Once the chicken is cooked and the broth is ready, slowly pour the whisked egg into the hot broth. The eggs will cook instantly and form pretty swirls in your soup.
5. Roasted Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Nothing screams winter like pumpkin soup. I know this could be an acquired taste, but I promise, once you try this winter soup recipe, you'll be addicted.
6. Onion Soup Recipe
No this winter soup is not just for the onion lovers, it's for all the winter lovers. Add some croutons and cheese to the soup and it will definitely warm you up on a cold night.
- Olive oil
- Medium sized bread loaf
- Vegan grated cheese (optional)
- 3 peeled onions - 1 Tbsp flour
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to preference
- Pepper to preference
7. Tomato Soup Recipe
- You will need 1kg of fresh tomatoes or a can of peeled tomatoes.
- 1 onion
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking cream
- Olive Oil
- Clove of garlic
1. Start by chopping up the tomatoes, and in a large cooking pot add some olive oil, diced onions and a clove of crushed garlic.
2. Once the onions turn a yellowish color, add up the crushed tomatoes and mix well together, allowing the tomatoes and onions to simmer for a 20-30 minutes.
3. After a few minutes pour all what's in a pot into a blender and mix! You should have formed a redish tomato paste.
4. Pour the tomato paste back into the cooking pot and add a cup of cooking cream and stir well. Lower your heat and allow the cooking cream to blend well with the tomato paste to form a the perfect bowl of tomato soup. You can some basil to the cooking pot in the last few minutes to add that extra delicious touch.
8. Lentil Soup Recipe
While most of us usually indulge this soup during Ramadan, I think this soup was made for winter. Our list of winter soup recipes will not be complete without lentil soup.
- 1 cup of lentils
- 2 tsp of oil
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 onion (minced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (peeled and chopped) 1 stalk of celery (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 Tbsp pepper
- 1/4 Tbsp saffron
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 4 cups of water
9. Noodle Soup Recipe
What I love the most about noodle soup is that it can work with anything. It has one same base, which chicken broth and you can accessorize it however you like, for example noodles.
- Chicken broth of a full chicken to boil
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg, & mastic.
1. If you have your chicken broth ready then great, if not, add your clean chicken to the a cooking pot and fill it with water, until the cull chicken is immersed.
2. Season with salt, pepper, a tea spoon of nutmeg and a pinch of mastic.
3. Leave the chicken to boil for at least 1 hour. In the last 15-20 minutes of that hour, add your favorite noodle to the chicken stock. You can use glass noodles, or thick noodles, whatever you like. For an extra touch add some green spring onions and you will have created an awesome winter soup dish.
10. Potato Soup Recipe
While it may be tempting to munch on some crispy french fries on a cold night with your fuzzy blanket and movie, but we recommend to opt for potato soup instead, which is why we're adding it to our list of winter soup recipes you've just got to try during this season.
Main Image Credits: Website:domesticgothess.com - Website: cooking mama.my.id Website Damnddelicious.net
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.