November 10, 2016 12:00 AM | by Mohey Emara
A Step-by-Step Guide to Make Pasta Arrabiata
This pasta arrabiata recipe is a personal favorite! Pasta with arrabiata sauce is a simple, mouthwatering and easy to make dish, that everyone in your family will enjoy. Most of the ingredients for the pasta arrabiata recipe are available in local markets, and here's a step-by-step guide to help you prepare the delicious pasta arrabiata recipe.
Ingredients to make the arrabiata sauce:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup of chopped onions
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (add more for an extra kick)
2 cans of peeled and diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
For the pasta, you will need the following:
1 pack of your choice of pasta (spaghetti or penne work best)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon canola oil
How to make the mouthwatering arrabiata sauce?!
1. Heat the oil in a sauce pan or big skillet on medium heat, add the onions and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add the sugar, basil, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt and tomatoes, while stirring and bring to a boil.
3. Stir in the parsley, just before you want to add the delicious arrabiata sauce to the pasta.
How to make the pasta al dente, for that nice bite we all love?
1. Fill a pot with water on medium heat, add salt, pepper and oil and stir for a bit.
2. Add the pasta once the water reaches a boil, and leave it for 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Take the pasta and drain the hot water, then leave the pasta under cold water for 2 minutes.
Now it's time to add the delicious arabiata sauce, the pasta al dente in a pot, and stir them for 2 to 3 minutes, before serving for your family or friends.
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.
Don't Leave Just Yet!