September 10, 2015 12:00 AM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
17 Quotes by 17 Iconic Fashion Designers
It's fashion month again, and we're excited to see what the designers have in store for us, for the Spring Summer 2016 collections, starting with New York Fashion Week.
To celebrate the beginning of a new fashion season, I thought of sharing with you inspiring quotes by iconic fashion designers on fashion and style. So scroll down, and read some of my all-time favorite quotes by fashion designers.
1. "Simplicity is the key note of all true elegance." - Coco Chanel
2. "Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them." - Marc Jacobs
3. "I would hate for someone to look at my shoes and say: Oh my God! That looks so comfortable." - Christian Louboutin
4. "Fashion has always been a repetition of ideas, but what makes it new is the way you put it together." - Carolina Herrera
5. "Fashion is instant language." - Miuccia Prada
6. "I know what women want, they want to be beautiful." - Valentino Garavani
7. "Fashion is not necessarily about labels. It’s not about brands; it’s about something that comes from within you." - Ralph Lauren
8. "Fashions fade, style is eternal." - Yves Saint Laurent
9. "I personally love sportswear, and love using it in high fashion." - Stella McCartney
10. "The best thing is to look natural. But it takes makeup to look natural." - Calvin Klein
11. "I love things that age well. Things that don’t date, that stand the test of time and that become living examples of the absolute best." - Giorgio Armani
12. "About half of my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness, and the rest are bread-and-butter designs." - Manolo Blahnik
13. "Fashion is all about happiness, it’s fun, it’s important. But it’s not medicine." - Donatella Versace
14. "Fashion is about dressing according to what’s fashionable. Style is more about being yourself." - Oscar de la Renta
15. "Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants." - Karl Lagerfeld
16. "Clothes are like a good meal, a good movie, great pieces of music." - Michael Kors.
17. "The hardest thing in fashion is not to be known for a logo. But to be know for a silhouette." - Giambattista Valli
Our Living section is a woman's best friend. See for yourself and get a little bit of everything!
Have You Read These?How to Have a Positive Mindset