September 16, 2015 12:00 AM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
15 Facts You Didn’t Know About Michael Kors
With Michael Kors showcasing his Spring Summer 2016 collection at New York fashion week, we thought that it is time you get to know the designer a little bit more. Here are 15 facts you didn’t know about Michael Kors.
1. Michael kors is an American fashion designer.
2. His designs include women/men apparel, bags, shoes, watches and accessories.
3. He was born in Long Island, New York on the 9th of August, 1959.
4. He’s a Leo.
5. His mother was a model and his birth name was Karl Anderson. When his mother re-married, she changed his last name to his step father’s last name ‘Kors’. She then gave him a choice to change his first name and he chose to be called Michael.
6. As a child Michael Kors modeled for several American TV ads.
7. During his teenage years, Michael Kors started pursuing a fashion career.
8. Michael Kors's mother gave him the opportunity to design her wedding dress.
9. He moved to New York City to attend the Fashion Institute of Technology.
10. After two semesters at the university he dropped out, as he got a golden chance to showcase his designs at the French Boutique Lother’s.
11. After establishing a name and a company, his company went bankrupt in 1990.
12. He then went back on his feet with a lower price line named Kors Michael Kors.
13. He was the creative director of Celine.
14. He was a judge on the famous TV show Project Runway presented by the super model Heidi Klum.
15. Michael Kors's estimated fortune just hit 1 billion dollars in February.
Our Living section is a woman's best friend. See for yourself and get a little bit of everything!
Have You Read These?