July 12, 2021 11:30 AM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
11 Fun Things You Can Do in the City If You're Not Travelling This Eid!
Yes, there's a lot of fun things to do in the city if you’re not traveling this summer. Don’t postpone the fun times, just because you won't get the chance to travel. Open up your mind, and let me give you a few simple ideas to enjoy your time, even though you’re stuck in the city.
Note: With all of these options, it's important to remember that we're still in the middle of a pandemic and it's important to stay safe and avoid any risks of spreading the virus. Please take care and social distance. Avoid small closed spaces.
1. Make a list of all the places you never visited before, like historic ones. Be a tourist in your own city, and on the way, don’t forget to make a list of all the restaurants that you’d like to try!
2. Find the nearest pool, whether it’s in a hotel or a social club, and take a day off just to relax and swim.
3. Park your car and walk. You need a break from the hectic driving in the city.
4. Dig in your old music playlists, and you’ll find the songs that you used to love the most. Enjoy a night at your house, just listening to nostalgic music.
5. If you can’t ride a bike, then it’s about time you learn, and if you do, take it to the nearest park, and enjoy riding it during sunset.
6. There isn't a city that doesn’t have fun activities to do. So, find a trusted guide of all things you didn’t know you had in your city and read the reviews, and then go for something that you never tried before.
7. Gather your friends who are staying in the city with you and have a fun dinner and movie night together. Don't forget to social distance though and try to sit in open spaces with only a few people.
8. If you love animals, why not do some good, and go help animal shelters in your city?
9. Do something you've always wanted to do, but never had the time too. Redecorate your home, hangup some frames, organize your closet, etc...
10.Spend some quality time with your family, and teach yourself to enjoy your time with them, without feeling like you’re doing them a favor; you need that kind of love.
11. Learn something new. Start cooking or learn how to bake your favorite dessert. Start taking up running or yoga or even learning a new language online.
Main Image Credits: Instagram @shaym
Our Living section is a woman's best friend. See for yourself and get a little bit of everything!