November 17, 2013 12:00 AM | by Simone Heng
DIY Festive Chain Necklace
What you will need:
Curb chain necklace (this one is from H&M), velvet ribbon in jewel tones, vintage buttons in assorted colors (these are from my mum’s sewing room), gold jump rings, scissors, needle and thread, diamante strips and pliers.
1. Begin by tying the ribbons at regular intervals across the chain.
2. From here, use other colored ribbons to layer bows.
3. After that, sew on the buttons and randomly attach the diamante strips using needle and thread.
4. Now attach the jump rings to the chain through the button holes using the pliers.
5. You will end up with something festive like this...
For more fashion and lifestyle DIY ideas,
check out Simone Heng's blog Cheapnchic.net.