August 07, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
DIY Cake Stand
Have you ever paid attention to the food section in old movies with royal banquettes? It would be a feast, with tray after tray of beautifully assembled food. Why I am mentioning this, is because cake stands were used a lot at the time. Whether it was to assemble the fruits, or nowadays for desserts and macaroons. I am going to show you how to make your very own cake stand and channel your inner Marie Antoinette when assembling dessert platters for your guests.
What you will need:
1. First things first, make sure you choose plates and candles proportionate to one another to maintain the balance. See pictures below!
2. Before making anything permanent, start by assembling your plates and candles one on top of the other just to get an idea of what exactly you want your cake stand to look like. For example, do you want one level or two?
3. After you have decided, it is time to use the super glue. Add a thick layer of super glue to the bottom contour of the candle and base.
4. Stick the candle holder in the middle of the plate. Make sure to remove/clean any excess glue on the plate. Leave the glue to dry for at least 10 minutes.
5. Do the same previous steps if you want to add another level to your cake stand.
Voila, you just made your very own colorful cake stand.
P.S: You can do this DIY with glass bases or cups instead of candle holders. Here are some pictures for a little inspiration.