December 15, 2014 12:00 AM | by Sara Khalil
Eight Bridal Fashion Tips for a Winter Wedding
Planning your wedding during winter surely has its pros and cons. As much as it's a bit risky to arrange a wedding during winter because of the weather fluctuations and wind, you can also save some money if you had a winter wedding, unlike spring or summer. Moreover, a winter wedding can have its own ambiance as the weather is more romantic and chilled. If you're currently planning to have your wedding during winter, here are eight bridal fashion tips for a winter wedding...
1. Make sure to book the outdoor bride and groom photo-shoot two hours before sunset, so the pictures can look bright and lively.
2. Wedding dresses with long sleeves are the best when it comes to winter weddings. If you're a bride who doesn't prefer long sleeve dresses, you can go for a white fur jacket or a white coat that matches your dress to wear it while you're outside the ballroom.
3. You can also wear short (knee-length) leggings underneath your long wedding dress, as it will make you feel warm.
4. While having your bridal makeup ready, go for darker shades of makeup, in order to pull of the wintery spirit.
5. Dark hues of nail polish can also highlight the beauty of your nails perfectly, unlike lighter summery shades.
6. Make sure to secure the wedding veil perfectly, so it doesn't fly away when exposed to any wind.
7. During winter, you might figure out that the variety of flowers isn't a lot. Don't let this annoy you and go for the types of flowers that are already available in winter. Make your wedding bouquet stand out by adding your own special touch to it.
8. If you're planning for an outdoor wedding during winter, make sure to pick a venue where the floor is flat and free of any bumps and grass. It's also preferable to have over-head covers in case of rain, and don't forget to set up heaters as well.
Get the ultimate bridal inspiration and wedding day tips by checking out our Weddings section here.
Don't Leave Just Yet!