September 17, 2013 12:00 AM | by Zeina Tawfik
Five Things About the Matthew Williamson Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
Matthew Williamson is one of my favorite designers, I love his label with its signature boho-chic appeal. For his Spring/Summer 2014 collection, Matthew Williamson stayed true to his bohemian style with the 70's as an inspiration, yet he took a more polished approach. The designer's new approach could be referred to as ladylike bohemian, still psychedelic but all grown up. That's not everything we got, here's five things that you should know about the Matthew Williamson Spring/Summer 2014 collection:
1. First things first, the Azza Fahmy for Matthew Williamson collection was revealed during the show where the models were clad in spectacular golden jewelry pieces.
2. All the patterns, motifs and prints used in the Matthew Williamson Spring/Summer 2014 collection were actually hand drawn and not digitally illustrated like before.
3. The show included lots of bright colors such as orange, coral, violet and fuchsia, and that's why I'm always a big fan of Matthew Williamson.
4. Going with the ladylike bohemian approach, the designer presented a lot of separates that were styled flawlessly on the runway.
5. One of the dresses designed for the Matthew Williamson Spring/Summer 2014 collection didn't make it to the runway, it stayed backstage as the designer thought it didn't fit the new label persona he's opting for.
Stay tuned to our daily coverage of London Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014.