March 19, 2013 12:00 AM | by Zeina Tawfik
Thoughts of a Mum - Sofana Dahlan
1. The best advice my mum ever gave me is...
Mom used to play Whitney Houston song the Greatest love all :I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they posses inside
Give them a sense of pride
I decided long ago
Never to walk in anyone's shadow
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I live as I believed
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Hearing it with mom every day as we drove to school made it resonate in my subconscious.
2. What's the one thing you got from your mum and you'd like to pass down to your kids?
Faith in God, to give and never expect back.
3. Share with us a lesson that motherhood has taught you.
To be positive, to give and to be patient.
4. What's your favorite part of being a mum?
To see my daughters' smiles every day, it just brightens my day.
5. Recommend a survival kit to the new mums out there.
Get enough sleep before you get a baby, and take it easy after you have them.
6. What's the oddest thing you have carried in your handbag as mum?
Babies R Us disposable diaper bags, Tylenol.
7. Do you get in the way of your kids' fashion choices?
Well my eldest, Nora seven years old is a fashionista, and she gets in the way of my fashion choices!