July 27, 2015 12:00 AM | by Sara Khalil
Nine Fashion Tips for Breastfeeding Mothers
Right after giving birth, you can’t wait to fit into your old clothes again, right? But dear new mother, if you'll be breastfeeding, you have to know that there are some clothes that may make things a bit harder for you and your little one. So here are nine fashion tips for breastfeeding mothers, to help you through the first few months of your beautiful and exciting journey.
1. First fashion tip for nursing mothers, is to make sure you switch from regular bras to nursing bras. A nursing bra is a lot softer from the inside, it doesn’t have a metal wire inside it, and it helps the milk flow normally in your breasts.
2. Avoid buying any nursing bras before giving birth, as the size of your breasts will change after delivery. You can buy a piece or two before delivery, just to check the quality and the type of nursing bras you’d want to wear. Otherwise, you'll be stuck with the wrong bra size or type.
3. Another fashion tip for breastfeeding mothers, is to wear more shirts and dresses with a V-neck. This way, it will be easier for you to uncover your breasts to feed your baby. And for winter time, you can wear scarves to cover your neck and avoid catching a cold.
4. Avoid wearing sweaters with high necks, unless they’re super-sized or large from the bottom, so you can feed your little one whenever you want.
5. A useful fashion tip for breastfeeding mothers, is to fill your wardrobe with button-down shirts and dresses, they’re super comfy and they look amazing. It will make your breastfeeding experience a lot easier.
6. If you’re a fan of day dresses, don’t limit your options to maternity dresses. There are many stylish and comfy designs you can choose from. For example, the wrapped dress with the V-neck is perfect for you and it will make you look sexy.
7. For evening dresses, try not to pick a dress that is tight on your breasts. Remember, your breasts are still very sensitive and you need to be always comfortable. If you fail at finding something with the qualities you want, you can always customize a dress that would go with your taste and your needs.
8. You’ll have to give up on long necklaces, sharp and edgy accessories, as they’re dangerous on your child’s safety.
9. Last but not least, use the baby slings as they’re really comfy and they look very stylish. It’s like an accessory for you and your baby.
Being a mum is a full-time job, so you might as well do it in style! Read more from our Stylish Mamas section here.
Don't Leave Just Yet!