March 02, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
What to Expect From Your First Facial
We talked to you before about facial mists and the different types of masks out there for your face. However, nothing beats a good old fashioned facial at the end of the day. Heading to the spa, getting pampered, cleaning out your face from all the toxins and leaving your face nourished and refreshed. I wasn't one who really believes in regular facials, but I changed my mind when I realized how important it is for your face. Here are 11 things to expect from your first facial...
1. The frequency of your facial depends on the type of your face, whether dry, oily etc… However try to go in for a facial at least once a month.
2. A facial is a great way to improve the look of your skin. You face will look radiant with a glow after your facial session.
3. Getting a facial is a great way to unclog your pores, give your skin a deep cleansing and get rid of dead skin cells.
4. There are many types of facials out there, for example, hydration masks, masks made from natural products etc…
5. Be aware of the products that will be used on your face before having a facial. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the products or ingredients.
6. If your skin is dry, give it some attention and pampering with a facial. Your skin will feel extremely smooth, look healthier and have a great complexion afterwards.
7. A facial is not a permanent fix, you need to take care of your face, to maintain the results of your facial.
8. Facials mostly include deep cleansing, exfoliation and extracting of black and white heads.
9. It is normal to experience some redness after a facial. Book your facials at the end of the day, so you are not exposed to sun light, and also because your face will be quite red if you underwent extractions.
10. Don't apply makeup to your face after a facial, leave your face to breathe.
11. If you have a lot of black heads, don't pick at it. Go in for a facial, they will prep your skin properly to extract the black heads correctly, with no scarring.
12. Be sure to ask about your skin care regimen after your facial, to be able to take care of your skin post-facial.