August 26, 2014 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Three Homemade Scrubs to Treat Dark Armpits
Don’t we all long for light and soft armpits? Natural methods to whiten your dark armpits can be really effective, only if you exfoliate this area every once in a while, in order get rid of dirt and dead skin. Since shaving, waxing and many hair removal techniques can greatly affect your sensitive armpits, check out these three homemade scrubs to treat dark armpits.
Baking is personally one of my all time favourite scrubs. By gently scrubbing your underarms constantly and you will get awesome results.
- In a small bowl, mix a table spoon of baking soda with water to form a thick paste.
- Put the mixture on a moist loaf and scrub your armpits.
- Wash it with warm water and repeat this process a couple of times per week.
2. Coconut oil:
Not only does coconut oil act as a natural anti-bacterial for your face and body, but also it acts as a great bleaching scrub for your dark underarms.
- Using a soft loaf, massage your armpits with a fair amount of coconut oil.
- Leave coconut oil on your skin for about 15 minutes.
- Wash your armpits using shower gel or soap that contains lotion.
- Repeat the exact process twice per day for a week and you'll notice the result.
3. Potato paste:
Potatoes are just great for dark circles around your eyes. This is why potatoes are also great to whiten your dark armpits.
- Mash a medium sized potato well until it forms a fine paste.
- Rub the mashed potato against your armpits and leave the paste for 10 minutes, then wash off with warm water.
- You can also grate the potato and use its juice to apply it on your dark underarms and repeat the same process.