January 25, 2022 05:00 PM | by Salma Ihab
How To Choose the Best Skincare Products for You
If you ask any girl what she wishes for, she will most likely say smooth skin, but there is no such thing. You can have healthy-looking skin, but I doubt you'll have a face free of scars, acne, and blackheads because it's a natural occurrence that we should embrace. One thing I can help you with is choosing the correct product for your skin type, because we've all bought products that didn't work for us and either left them on the shelf or continued to use them, resulting in a bad breakup. So, without further ado, here's how to choose the best skincare products for you.
The first step is to determine your skin type
The first thing you should do is get to know your skin a little better, and this is the best place to start in order to understand what your skin wants and does not want. The goal is to incorporate products into your routine that is specifically designed for your skin type.
1. If you have oily skin, your pores are probably enlarged and produce too much sebum.
2. Look for alpha hydroxy acids like salicylic acid and hyaluronic acid on the backs of bottles. Because they are oil-soluble, they gently exfoliate your pores and reduce oil buildup on your face while also providing needed hydration.
3. Green tea extracts can also be used to soothe and hydrate the pores.
4. It is important to note that, regardless of how oily your skin appears, you should not skip moisturizer out of fear of making it greasier.
5. Toner is an important step because it tightens the pores.
1. Your skin will always be dull, rough, and flaky.
2. The tightness you feel when your skin is dry is caused by the fact that dry skin has less elasticity, making it more prone to itchiness, irritation, and fine lines.
3. In skincare products, look for shea butter, vitamin C, and lactic acid.
4. Natural extracts like papaya, aloe vera, turmeric, and others provide essential hydrating oils while only mildly exfoliating dead skin cells.
5. To keep your skin looking young, use heavy moisturizers and serums on a regular basis.
1. If your skin is prone to breakouts and you notice that many products or external substances cause negative reactions on your face on a regular basis, your sensitive skin is crying out for soothing products.
2. Look for hypoallergenic formulations that are lightweight and contain soothing aloe vera and shea butter.
3. Be extremely cautious when using products that contain fragrances, parabens, sulfates, or phthalates!
4. You should also have a good skincare routine and never leave the house without applying sunscreen.
5. Use products that gently remove toxins while preserving your skin's natural moisture and essential oils.
Take the time to understand your skin and what it wants
Consider your skin's needs. Perhaps you want to minimize the appearance of fine lines. Perhaps you have persistent acne that isn't responding to your usual treatment, or you have large pores that you want to conceal. The products you choose must effectively address the issues that are most important to you.
Are you unsure what ingredients to look for? These ingredients are the backbone of moisturizing products.
1. Ceramides and hyaluronic acid
Both of these ingredients are natural moisturizing agents found in the skin. Some people prefer hyaluronic acid serums, while others seek glycerine and ceramides in lotions and creams.
2. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that works to reverse UV radiation damage and stimulate collagen production.
3. Vitamin E
Vitamin E has similar properties to Vitamin C and works best when combined as a skincare power couple.
Retinol is an important ingredient to look for in nighttime skincare products. It promotes collagen stimulation in the skin.
5. Vitamin B3
This ingredient is excellent for controlling oil, as well as hydrating and evening out skin tone.
Ingredients to avoid for the sake of your skin
Added fragrances have a high risk of causing skin allergies and irritation, so avoid them if you have sensitive skin.
Sulfates are a type of cleaning agent that is commonly found in body washes and shampoo. They reduce the natural oils in the hair and skin, which can cause irritation.
Parabens are commonly used in products as a chemical preservative to prevent bacterial growth. They can be harmful in the long run by disrupting hormonal balance. This is especially dangerous for young children and those who are at risk of breast cancer.
The order of the products is very important in your skincare routine
If you're not sure what should come first and then what should come next, read this article to learn more about the proper order in which to apply your skincare products. The Correct Order of Applying Skincare Products
Natural vs. luxurious skincare products
If you're wondering whether you should buy natural or luxurious products, the answer is that it depends on the ingredients and whether they're appropriate for your skin. It is best to check the ingredients of any product before purchasing it and applying it to your face. If you are trying something new or a new brand, it is best to do your research and read the reviews on the product you are applying to your face.
Main Image Credits: Samachar Live