May 18, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
10 Facts About Exfoliating Your Face
Do you exfoliate your face? Sure, we all know the importance of exfoliating our bodies, and how frequently we should do it. But, have you ever thought about a facial scrub? Well, I haven't, in fact, I thought the face only gets the gentle treatment of a facial mask, but not a scrub. Worry not though, here are 10 facts about exfoliating your face:
1. Facial scrubs are not as condensed and tough as what we use for our bodies. Some of the facial washes have small tiny balls in the gel, that are used for gently exfoliating your skin.
2. A face scrub deeply cleanses your skin, and breaks up white heads.
3. You don't need to always buy an expensive facial scrub, you can invest in an exfoliater like the Clairsonic. Just be sure to change the head brush every few months.
4. When exfoliating your face, do not wash it first. Wet your fingers, then add some scrub to your damp fingers, and gently rub your face in soft circular motions.
5. How often you exfoliate your face depends on the type of your skin. For example, people with oily skin should exfoliate it twice per week. However, be sure to watch your skin carefully, if it gets irritated too quickly, then reduce the frequency.
6. A little goes a long way with exfoliating your face, meaning do not use a lot of product.
7. After you wash off the scrub from your face, be sure to pat your face dry, do not rub it.
8. Always leave your face a little damp after washing it, to apply lotion. That way, the moisture can lock into your skin, and you'll look fresh and glowing in the morning.
9. Do not over exfoliate. This will aggregate the skin, and lead to more problems.
10. Try to always exfoliate your skin before you sleep, so as not to expose your red sensitive skin to sun light.