November 20, 2019 04:32 PM | by The Fustany Team
Premature Ejaculation: What Is It, Causes and Home Remedies
A lot of men experience premature ejaculation. It is a common problem that unfortunately affects a couple's sex life. It spoils sexual pleasure for men and women, but premature ejaculation treatments are not as difficult as many people think. There are a lot of things to try that can help you both enjoy sex a lot more. That's why today we gathered all the information you might need to know about treating premature ejaculation naturally.
What is premature ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation is a condition that happens to a lot of men, where ejaculation, the exiting of semen from the penis, happens really early on during sex. It is hard for the man to control his orgasm and therefore he ends up climaxing at the beginning of sex and foreplay, long before the woman is enticed or ready enough for her orgasm. It cuts sex's duration short, which of course is a disappointment for both of them.
What are the causes of premature ejaculation?
- Thyroid gland problems
- Prostate problems
- Hormone dysfunctions in the body
- Diseases such as heart disease
- Erectile dysfunction can cause men to try and rush, in fear of losing their erection and therefore they develop a habit of ejaculating early.
- Getting used to constant or regular masturbation can cause premature ejaculation with their partner.
- Trying to have sex in a rush and treating it like a routine act, is one of the causes of premature ejaculation. A lot of couples get used to worrying about time and having to rush, so they forget to take their time and enjoy the process and orgasms.
- Tension or relationship problems.
- Stress, wether at work or life in general. Anxiety is a major cause.
- Some men feel insecure and anxious about not being able to preform well, sexually in front of their wife.
- Lack of experience and knowledge on how to control an ejaculation.
Natural treatments for premature ejaculation
If the cause of premature ejaculation is physical, consulting a doctor is the way to go right away, before taking any medications because every case is different and a doctor will be able to treat you accordingly.
Herbs for treating premature ejaculation
Hibiscus contains vitamin C, which strengthens the body and helps treat premature ejaculation in an easy natural way by drinking it regularly.
This herb has a lot benefits. It helps increase libido for both men and women. It also strengthens erections during sex.
Another great herb that could help with premature ejaculation when taken regularly. It can also help with erectile dysfunction and is a natural and easy way to do it.
Honey helps with premature ejaculation
Drinking ginger with honey helps with the blood flow in the penis. A more organized blood flow helps with premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
Foods to treat premature ejaculation
Foods that contain vitamins and nutrients can really help with premature ejaculation. Vegetables like peas and spinach are important. As well as cereals such as wheat, chickpeas and soybeans are also good. Also dairy products like milk and yogurt could help.
Home Remedies for premature ejaculation
1. ExerciseExercise is one of he important things. Working out will really help with premature ejaculation. Especially Kegel exercises, which strengthen the pelvis and therefore the ability to control orgasms. Try practicing by sleeping on your back and lifting the pelvic area and hip off the ground, holding it for a minute and repeat...
2. The Pause-Squeeze techniqueWhen you're close to ejaculating or having an orgasm, apply pressure or gently squeeze, for a few seconds, the area where the head and the shaft meet, until you feel the urge to climax fade away. Wait a little bit and then continue having sex and repeat this technique if you feel the need.
3. CondomsUsing the right condom is necessary. Thicker condoms can help reduce stimulation and excitement. However, you should avoid condoms that are designed to increase pleasurability.
Masturbation can actually help reduce premature ejaculation. How? Well, masturbating an hour or so before having sex can actually decrease the likelihood of premature ejaculation during sexual intercourse, having had an orgasm and release earlier.
Main Image Credits: Toa Heftiba on Unsplash
Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle! Check out our Health & Fitness section here.