May 02, 2022 07:00 PM | by Mai Atef
Find out How Many Calories Are Hiding in Eid Desserts
Eid Al Fitr is never complete without the delicious, long-waited-for Eid desserts and sweets. Whether you’re baking yours or buying them, it is wise to figure out how many calories are hiding in Eid desserts. That said, read on to know more about the calories in each piece and how you can balance your health with the expected high sugar intake.
Let's start with the calories for each piece:
1. Plain Kahk: 200 cal.
2. Kahk with dates: 220 cal.
3. Kahk with nuts or Malban: 220 cal.
4. Ghorayeba: 160 cal.
5. Petite Four: 100 cal.
6. Biscuit: 90 cal.
12 Tips to balance health and sugar intake during Eid Al Fitr:
1. Let's not buy or bake a lot of sweets for Eid. Buying a large amount means that these products will be in front of you even after Eid, which will result in you eating more and continuing to gain weight.
2. Make sure not to eat kahk or petit fours between meals. You can replace your usual breakfast with a couple of kahk or petit four pieces to try to balance your daily calories and not increase them as much as possible. Moreover, eating kahk and petit four in the morning will give the body the opportunity to burn these calories throughout the day.
3. Drink at least 2 liters of water to stay hydrated. Water also helps with digestion.
4. Drink hot beverages that boost your metabolism like cinnamon, ginger, and lemon.
5. Drink your tea or coffee without sugar to avoid the extra calories.
6. Avoid eating more than 3-4 pieces of kahk, ghariba, petit four, or biscuits per day as your daily calorie intake should not be more than 2000.
7. You can eat the Kahk without sugar or with very little sugar sprinkled on it.
8. Try to workout during Eid, even if it’s just by walking a little bit.
9. You can also try to go for the desserts lower in calories, like plain biscuits or plain petit four without jam or chocolate.
10. You can also try making your own healthy oat biscuits at home or buy them from healthy-food providers.
11. Avoid soft drinks that are mistakenly believed to help with kahk digestion. However, they contain a high percentage of calories that can make you gain weight excessively.
12. Make sure not to eat kahk or biscuits right before bedtime.
Main Image Credits: Instagram @voiladessert_eg
Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle! Check out our Health & Fitness section here.