March 23, 2014 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Five Reasons Why You Should Drink Soy Milk
Differences between soy milk and dairy milk are leaving you confused? Time to make a switch from cow milk to soy milk? This article will walk you through the health benefits of soy milk, as this plant-derived drink can actually do wonders to your body. Here are five reasons why you should drink soy milk.
1. Soy milk is made of dried soy beans, which has less fat and carbs, hence it can help you lose weight. A cup of soy milk contains only 80 calories!
2. The amount of fat available in full fat soy milk is much lower than that of cow milk. Also the amount of fats available in soy milk are unsaturated (like sunflower oil) which tends to be burned easier.
3. Did you know that soy milk can also reduce the risk of getting heart disease? If you want to opt for a healthier dietary alternative for your heart and your overall wellness, then soy milk should be your pick. Soy milk also has the ability to lessen your chances of getting breast cancer.
4. Not only is soy milk an utterly nutritious drink, but also it has an ingredient that can provide your body with oestrogen. Phytoestrogen is an oestrogen-like chemical found in plant foods like beans and seeds. Believe it or not! The phytoestrogen available in soy milk can substitute or replace oestrogen in you body.
5. While lactose is a primary component of cow milk, soy milk doesn't contain any lactose. So people who are lactose intolerant can substitute cow milk with soy milk.