June 22, 2014 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Five Reasons Why You Should Drink Coconut Milk
Coconuts are one of my favorite fruits. Not only because of their tropical smell, but also because of the extracts like coconut oil and coconut milk. Well, I must say I'm a person who loves both coconut and milk, so I might seem a bit biased. After trying coconut milk, I must say it's the best kind of milk I ever tasted. This article is actually dedicated to both milk lovers and haters. Not only is coconut milk a healthy and diary-free substitute for people who are anti-cow milk, but also it's a yummy drink on a hot summer day. Here are five reasons why you should drink coconut milk, its will make you just wonder how healthy of a drink it is.
1. Coconut milk is considered one of the lightest dairy substitutes to regular milk. If you want to have a fresh light drink in the morning, then coconut milk should be your pick.
2. If you are vegetarian, then coconut milk is your best bet, as it's a plant-based drink and purely made of coconut.
3. It's creamy yet perfect for any lactose-intolerant person. For people who are both sensitive to soy and cow milk, this will be your new favourite drink.
4. Many people can categorize coconut milk as a high calorie drink or a super creamy one, yet the good thing about it is that it's full of saturated fats. Just like nuts, coconut milk is rich in fats that are beneficial for your body and can be easily burnt.
5. Did you know that coconut milk is an excellent antibacterial agent? Coconut helps in boosting your immune system and helps fighting viruses. Perfect isn't it?