October 10, 2013 12:00 AM | by Zeina Tawfik
11 Reasons You Should Drink More Water
Over 60% of your body is made of water, that's a fact that can't be ignored. You probably heard that you should drink at least eight glasses of water everyday, but have you ever wondered why you should consume all that amount? As a matter of fact, your body needs water to survive and stay healthy, and we'll tell you all about the reasons you should drink more water.
1. Water helps a lot of the body organs to function, as your body cells need water to stay alive. Important body fluids such as blood need water to form and perform in a healthy manner.
2. Keeping your body well hydrated helps you have better brain power, this leaves you with a better memory, better information procession and better thinking skills. Lack of water reduces the amount of oxygen that reaches your brain, hence prohibiting your brain from working in its full potential.
3. Headaches can happen from not having enough water stored in your body. Your brain is composed of a lot of fluids, so you need to keep those fluids replenished to avoid headaches of that cause.
4. Your kidneys need water to function properly. This body organ cleanses your body from toxins, and if you're not having enough water, you could have a higher risk of having kidney stones.
5. Having mentioned the kidneys and body toxins, a well hydrated body is less prone to urinary infections. If your body lacks water, urine color will be darker, consider it a sign to drink some up.
6. Metabolism depends highly on your water intake. If you drink plenty of water, then you'll have a high metabolism rate, which should make losing extra body weight and fats easier.
7. Your body loses fluids through breathing, sweating, urinating and other actions. So you need to compensate that loss by always making sure to stay hydrated.
8. One of the ways that you can prevent constipation is by maintaining normal bowel movements, which can be enhanced by drinking an enough amount of water.
9 . Water helps you avoid bad breath. That's because it keeps your mouth from getting dry, which is one of the main reasons behind bad breath.
10. Drinking enough water will keep your skin moist. However, you have to know that consuming more water won't prevent you from having wrinkles, but staying hydrated will give you a soft healthy glowing skin.
11. Dehydration results in muscle fatigue, you'd be surprised to know that your joints need water to be lubricated to perform better.