June 10, 2020 11:35 PM | by Nada Allam
10 Ways to Trick Yourself Into Drinking More Water
How many bottles of water do you drink per day? If it is less than eight glasses, then you really need to start tricking yourself into drinking more water. Honestly, I am the kind of person who truly forgets to drink water. I'll load up on juices and sodas, and the day will pass and I'll realize I did not have one sip of water. Suffice to say, this is extremely unhealthy and I am trying to change this horrible habit of mine. So to all the non-water drinkers, this article is dedicated to you! There are a few you things you can do to get yourself to drink more water, here are 10! No more excuses
1. Get yourself a water bottle.
I just love water bottles, so invest in a cute looking water bottle and make sure it fits in all your bags. Keep refilling it and drink from it throughout the day.
2. Download an app.
Thank God for technology, because now there are apps that you can download and they will remind you to drink water every few hours. If you don't have access to such an app, then use an alarm. Set an alarm every hour during the day to remind you to drink a glass of water.
3. Flavor your water.
You can go for a detox recipe, or add some fruits to your water, this is a great way to trick yourself into drinking more water. Choose a flavor that you love, to get you to load up on as much water as possible. Melons, berries and kiwi are delicious fruits that can add flavor to your water.
4. Use a Straw
Using a straw is one of the easiest ways to trick yourself into drinking more water. First of all, you drink a bigger amount when you use a straw, and second of all, you can easily get carried away just sipping water on a straw and realize that you drank a glass in no time.
5. Set a goal
5. Challenge yourself with your friends and co-workers. Set yourself a goal at the office and see which one of you will be able to finish their eight glasses of water before the end of the day.
6. Eat thirst quenching snacks.
Try to go for foods that will leave you wanting water, such as salted nuts, etc. You'll find yourself drinking water without even noticing it.
7. Keep some water on your night stand.
That way you will remember to drink a glass of water either the moment you wake up or before you go to sleep. You just guaranteed that you will drink one glass of water out of the eight in the simplest way.
Tip: Drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning is extremely beneficial for your body, as it washes away the toxins.
As if you need yet another reason to workout. You will feel extremely thirsty after running and exercising, so keep your water bottle with you and load up. The workout is a great way to trick yourself into drinking more water, not only will you stay fit, but you can also easily finish three glasses of water after your workout.
9. Drink lemon tea!
9. Switch in your cup of tea with a glass of hot water with a lemon squeeze or a teaspoon of honey. It will give you more or less the same feeling as sipping on tea, but you will be drinking water instead. Read the benefits of what a warm cup of honey water can do for you here.
10. Lastly, you must read up on the amazing benefits that water has for your skin, hair, body and energy. Supermodels swear by drinking lots of water and keeping themselves hydrated.
Try to start this habit as the winter kicks in, for the sake of your skin at least. The water will keep it soft throughout the entire season.
Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle! Check out our Health & Fitness section here.
Have you read these?