November 11, 2018 04:12 PM | by Jasmine Kamal
This Natural Remedy Straightened My Hair with No Heat at Home!
For as long as I remember my curly hair has been hard to maintain after getting out of the shower. I end up straightening it with heat every time so I can just get rid of the frizz and have it be easier to maintain. Although I do love my curly hair I've always loved how I looked when it's a bit straightened and calmer. The constant use of heat from hairdryers and straighteners really damaged my hair causing split ends and hair fall.
It was only recently that I decided to stop using heat on my hair and to let my natural hair loose. I'm starting to get bored of my everyday look and to reminisce having my hair straight again every once in a while, and with that comes my long search for natural remedies to straighten hair heat-free.
I found a recipe for a hair mask with natural oils that can calm frizz and straighten the hair. You need to start by identifying your hair type in order to pick the right oils for it. Think about what your hair needs. If you suffer from thin hair and hair fall you must add to your remedy some castor oil. If your hair suffers from scalp irritation and dandruff from built up products try adding coconut oil. Don't add any oil you've tired before and didn't work for your hair. So here's what I used:
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of castor oil
- 1 tsp of oil jasmine
- 1 tsp of glycerin
1. Place all the ingredients in one small pot or pan and heat it until it gets warm.
2. Start applying the mixture to your hair starting from the ends upwards.
3. Leave it on your hair for around 3 to 4 hours.
4. Don't forget to place a shower cap over your head to lock in the warmth for better results.
5. Wash your hair with a chemical free shampoo.
6. Make sure to stay away from any products, conditioner or hair mask, with a lot of chemicals.
Main Image Credits: Instagram @rawan
Got any makeup or skincare questions? ASK FUSTANY can help with that! Post your question, and have makeup artists and skincare experts answer you!